Keep On Spinnin'

Lately I have been spinning the same few records over and over. I think I've been doing it because lately I have been in a constant anxious state and I need to be soothed. I have revisited these albums almost constantly over the past two weeks and I figured that I would share with you what music has been helping me! Maybe it can do the same for you!

Shotgun Willie - Wikipedia

To start us off is Willie Nelson's "Shotgun Willie". This is a record that sits near and dear to my heart even though I don't really have any vivid memories with the album. Willie's voice just speaks to me and his talent as a songwriter spews out of this record. This is the kind of album that makes me think of taking a nap in a shady grove where the wickedness of the world slips away and I have a clear peace of mind. This albums is a smooth sip of what country music is all about from beginning to end.

Eat a Peach - Wikipedia

The second most spun record of the last couple weeks is The Allman Brothers Band "Eat a Peach" which is arguably one of the best records to come out of the 1970's. This is an album that I can put on and get lost in each and every time. There's just something about a full length jam album that puts me at ease, especially one where the soul bleeds through as much as it does on "Eat a Peach". Tracks three and four are where I really find peace. Melissa is a beautiful song that gets you in the feels just to be taken a different direction with a 33 minute Mountain Jam that absolutely blows your socks off every single time.

Purgatory (Tyler Childers album) - Wikipedia

Sticking with the Americana theme, I have been spinning Tyler Childers' "Purgatory" almost nonstop for the past month. It's one of those albums that was made so perfect that I just can't stop tuning in to it. Childers' songwriting and vocal delivery put me in a different place. A place where I have no worries, no fears, and no obligations.  Also on the turntable quite a bit has been Charley Crockett with his 2019 release "The Valley". This album gives me the same feeling as the country and western from the 50's-70's that I love so much.

As you can tell, when I get in a bad place mentally or when I need to clear my mind and relax a bit I turn to country, western, and Americana influenced music to sooth me. Maybe it's my roots, maybe it's the lyrics, maybe it's just the sound, whatever it is I sure am glad that it makes me feel the way that it does.

Comments

Popular Posts